My name is Michael Kohl and I’m an art teacher in Toronto, Canada.
A little while ago a friend of mine suggested I start making custom shoes and that piqued my curiosity. After doing a little research I ordered a set of leather paints and painted an old pair of Nikes I had sitting around in my closet. I loved every part of the process and quickly became obsessed with painting shoes!
I found an older pair that I hadn’t worn in years, cleaned them and painted them as well. I posted pictures on Facebook and started getting requests. After doing a few more pairs I decided to start this blog and share my work.
Please feel free to explore the blog and leave a comment if you like a pair of shoes.
If you are interested in purchasing a pair of shoes you can get in contact with me at email@example.com. The process will go as follows:
1. You contact me via email with your request. You should have a pair of shoes (preferably white leather) already purchased or in mind. Including pictures of your shoes as well as sample images and colours you want me to incorporate into the design is highly encouraged.
2. I will get back to you with a quote for how much the project will cost based on time and materials. They typical cost for shoes is between $150 and $500 depending on the level of detail involved, the amount of time it takes to paint the shoes and the amount of materials I have to use on the shoes.
3. If the price is acceptable I can produce a quick sketch or mock-up of what the shoe will look like when I have worked on it.
4. When everything is agreed upon you will ship the shoes to me and I will get started working on them.
5. The shoes should take 2-3 weeks to finish and ship based on the amount of work I have.
6. I will send pictures throughout the process as well as images of the finished product before I ship them. Once the shoes are finished I will send you a Paypal request and you can pay via your bank account or credit card through Paypal.
7. I reserve the right to use those images on my blog for promotional purposes but I will never repeat a design so your shoes will always be one-of-a-kind originals!
8. Once you receive your shoes please feel free to send me pictures of you rocking your kicks! If you’re shy I can crop the photos so your face doesn’t show but I love seeing people wear my art.
Thanks for your interest!